Hey everybody! Happy Thursday! I'm so pumped and excited to share this look with you! I've been keeping this project to myself for weeks, only showing a couple sneak peeks on social but today is the day!! I can't tell you all how excited I was when Mathew Boudreaux of Mister Domestic asked me to join in on his Blog Party for his Loved to Pieces Fabric Collection with Art Gallery Fabrics! I first saw Mathew on his awesome Youtube channel a couple months ago, and I've been a fan girl since! He is so amazingly talented, full of personality and I'm honored to be amongst the awesome makers in this party!
For our mommy and me dresses, I went with the The Striped Flow Rainbow cotton fabric from the collection. This fabric makes me so happy and it makes me think of candy; which is why I call these our "Candy Girl" dresses!! LOL! This fabric feels great, sews up nicely, and it also comes in another color way!
For my dress, I made the Jessica PDF. I love this dress! I think its the perfect summer dress pattern! I wanted to add a little more to my dress, and also get the most out my stripe fabric, so I cut a couple pieces on the cross grain.
I cut 10 inches off the skirt of the pattern and cut that portion on the cross grain. I also cut four of the straps instead of two because I'm currently going through a tie-strap phase and I thought having them tie would be perfect! I cut the straps on the cross grain as well!
For size, I cut the XL for this pattern and made no adjustments to it! The pattern has two pockets on the front, but I omitted those. Instead of using buttons, I went with snaps.
Not only did I want to have fun with the stripes, I also wanted to use every inch of the fabric, so of course I had to make Justice a matching dress! For Justice dress, I use Simplicity 8621. I made the same changes to her dress by cutting some of the skirt on the crossgrain and cutting four straps instead of two.
I had so much fun making these dresses and now Justice and I can add one more mommy and me look to our closets!
Below is the list of all the awesome makers that are up next in the Loved To Pieces Blog Party! Be sure to follow them to see the amazing things they've created! Also follow Mister Domestic on Instagram because each week of the party (4 weeks) there's a giveaway!
- Monday July 16: Amanda Woodruff of A Crafty Fox
- Tuesday July 17: Sharon Holland of Sharon Holland Designs
- Wednesday July 18: Angela Wolf of Angela Wolf Pattern Collection
- Thursday July 19: Brittany Jones of Brittany Jones
- Friday July 20: Sharon McConnell of Color Girl Quilts
- Saturday July 21: Elina Temmes of Elina Temmes
- Monday July 23: Meghan Buchanan of Then Came June
- Tuesday July 24: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
- Wednesday July 25: Cristy Stuhldreher of I Love You Sew
- Thursday July 26: Kate Basti of Quilt with Kate
- Friday July 27: Courtney Davis posting at Melly Sews
- Sunday July 29: Mimi Goodwin of Mimi G Style
- Monday July 30: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Tuesday July 31: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
- Wednesday August 1: Saija Kiiskinen of Saija Kiiskinen
- Thursday August 2: Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth
- Sunday August 5: Brett Lewis of Natural Born Quilter
- Monday August 6: Karen Tripp of The DIY Addict
- Tuesday August 7: Tracy Martin of Tracy Bug Creative
- Wednesday August 8: Sharon Burgess of Lilabelle Lane Creations
- Thursday August 9: Maureen Cracknell of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
- Friday August 10: Kylie Gersekowski of Little Moo Designs
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Tomorrow, I'm sharing a fun jumpsuit that I made using this Vice Versa Denim from Art Gallery Fabrics. Here's a sneak peek....
Until next time....